A nice sunny day met us for our first workshop here at The Branch, where we had two Turkish instrument makers guide us through uncharted territory, making musical instruments of things we found thrown on the street and in trash bins.
The tiny library here at The Branch was previously a dark storage closet, tucked under the staircase. Initially, we wanted to turn it into a ‘better’ storage closet. After sitting inside however, we had another idea…
Above is our week nine construction image collage… this week in Osaka we:
- Finished some simple upholstery for the stools
- Cut and fit the wall framing together for the gallery space
- Plastered the framing (Thanks to Youngmi Kim for her plastering help!)
Above is our week eight construction image collage… this week in Osaka we:
- Tore apart the storage shelf under the stairway
- Indented to build a better storage area under the stairway
- Decided instead, to make the space into a cozy library, with a seat for one person, and storage under and beside the seat!
Above is our week seven construction image collage… this week in Osaka we:
- Got busy cleaning up the wood and walls in the entryway and kitchen
- Applied a nice Kyoto Plaster to the entry wall, it’s beautiful and made from soil, sand, and wood dust!