The tiny library here at The Branch was previously a dark storage closet, tucked under the staircase. Initially, we wanted to turn it into a ‘better’ storage closet. After sitting inside however, we had another idea…
Above is our week nine construction image collage… this week in Osaka we:
- Finished some simple upholstery for the stools
- Cut and fit the wall framing together for the gallery space
- Plastered the framing (Thanks to Youngmi Kim for her plastering help!)
Above is our week eight construction image collage… this week in Osaka we:
- Tore apart the storage shelf under the stairway
- Indented to build a better storage area under the stairway
- Decided instead, to make the space into a cozy library, with a seat for one person, and storage under and beside the seat!
Above is our week seven construction image collage… this week in Osaka we:
- Got busy cleaning up the wood and walls in the entryway and kitchen
- Applied a nice Kyoto Plaster to the entry wall, it’s beautiful and made from soil, sand, and wood dust!
Above is our week six construction image collage… this week in Osaka:
- Suhee was very busy making curtains out of old kimonos
- We made a visit to the warehouse to find some wood for stools, and ended up finding something that, with a bit of work could be used outright as a stool… score!
- More work for Suhee now, making cushions!